- 2 Large Apples
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Haute Cakes Mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- Heat a couple inches of vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot to 350F.
- Peel and core the apples; slice into 1/4-inch thick rings.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry Haute Cakes Mix, cinnamon and salt.
- Toss the apple slices with the buttermilk mixture; then dredge them in the haute cake mixture. Return to the buttermilk and then dredge in the haute cake mix again.
- Fry the apple slices until golden and crisp; drain on paper towels. Once cool, dust the tops with powdered sugar and enjoy.