- 30g Tropical Vanilla Recovery
- 1/4 cup Haute Cakes mix, gluten-free baking blend, or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. light buttery spread (or real butter, or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce (or more butter or oil)
- 1 tsp. water (as needed)
- 1 tbsp. Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Whisk together recovery protein powder, flour, sweetener, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in butter, unsweetened applesauce until a sticky, soft dough forms. If the end product is too crumbly, mix in 1-2 teaspoons of water until the dough sticks to itself.
- Using wetted hands, form dough into an 8"x2" strip on a lightly floured surface.
- Spray dough strip heavily with cooking spray.
- Combine cinnamon and sweetener in a small dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sweetener mix over dough strip, spreading out to the edges.
- Carefully roll dough strip into a “bun” and place in a microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave for about 1 minute (my microwave puts out 1,000 watts) until the edges are firm but the center is still soft to the touch. Alternatively, you can bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Don't over-cook or it will get tough and hard!
- Finally, ice your cinnamon roll with my sugar-free buttercream frosting, cream cheese frosting (2 tbsp. light cream cheese + 1 tbsp. sweetener), OR protein frosting (1 scoop progenex recovery protein powder + enough milk or water to make a thick sauce + sweetener to taste).
- Enjoy immediately!
Calories (per roll without frosting):
296kcal, Fat: 8.0g, Sat fat: 3.5g, Carbs: 36g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 24g, Sodium: 205mg